CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Italian Squash Bake

Lets face it, I'm not going to win any awards for comming up with creative recipe names. I just try to make it short and descriptive.  Like this one; I have some squash, I have some Italian stuff, I baked it.
I actually was going to make a different dish with my squash but was missing a couple of ingrediants so I improvised with this. There are a couple of changes I would do but it turned out pretty good.
 
Here is what you will need:
About 4 pieces of squash
A package of sausage
A 16oz bag of shredded mozerella
A jar of spaghetti sauce
Salt, pepper, seasonings
 
Preheat oven to 350
 
 
All I had was sliced cheese, I would change this to shredded the next time I make it.
 
Cut up the sausage and saute on medium high heat in a little bit of olive oil
 
While the suasage is cooking, cut the squash into bite sized pieces. I also added some Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
 
Put the cut up squash on the bottom of a baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with a cooking spray.
 
Then place the cooked sausage over the top. Pour the jar of spaghetti sauce over the top and then cover it all with cheese.  I also found some small pepperoni in my fridge so I sprinkled that on top. But it was just a last min addition.
 
 
I baked it for about 30 min until the cheese was melted and it was bubbling on the sides. 
 
My kids really liked this and they got a great serving of veggies from  this meal!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment