CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 7

Man, talk about testing my limits! I had another hard day.  I ran over a screw this morning and my tire was ruined.  So $160 later and half the day gone I got a new tire.  I did get to go to my favorite grocery store to stock up on more fruits and veggies, so there is the silver lining. 

All life stress aside, today was not so bad.  I made sure I drank more juice and more water.  I didn't feel as hungry and I wasn't as tired as I have been.  I did decide to take a bath in the middle of the day.  I justified it by calling it a "detox bath".  Very necessary when juicing...

I've decided to jot down some things I have learned in the past week of juicing.  So here they are (in no particular order):
      
          1. Juicing takes time! Thus I have decided to do it in the evening after the kids have gone to
             bed. It makes my morning much easier and I am more prone to stay honest.
          2. Never stray far from a bathroom.  There is A LOT of liquid flowing thru the body!
          3. Do not store veggies at room temp. They go bad much faster.  Thus having two refrigerators
              is very handy.
          4. Whilst juicing, I find that rinsing the juicer half way thru helps to avoid build up of pulp that
              ends up in my juice.
          5. Celery is not good in juice.
          6. Red cabbage, while a beautiful shade of purple, also does not taste so good in juice. But not
              as bad a celery.
          7. Juice is not so good at room temperature. I don't care if it is better for you that way.

Anyway, that is about it for today. I am pretty sure I can finish out the 10 days, however; I am worried about tomorrow.  I have girls night with the friends and there is always lots of my favorite foods. So I think I am going to take some watermellon to snack on. When juiced, watermellon has almost no pulp left over. It is pretty much solid juice. So I figure if I am going to stray, that would be the best way to go. Here's to doing hard things!

No comments:

Post a Comment